Blogger Widgets

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon: Hour 1


So this is my first year to participate in the read-a-thon as a blogger, I have participated as a cheerleader (which I will be doing for some time) and just read during the event but this time I am going to do this while trying to keep up with the blog each hour and for the first few hours that may a little easier than not because I will be doing this while at work until the beginning of hour 5.

Lets get a few things out of the way though:

1.  What books are in my TBR pile today?

First I plan to get through all of my over due library books that I have found in my bookshelf and never got around to returning.  Yes there are three of those books that I would like to read and return no later than Monday.  Second I bought the audio book Divergent back during Christmas when Audible was doing their deal of the day and I have yet to get around to listening to it (well actually I may be starting with this one as I can listen to it at work).  For the most part I think this will take me most of my 24 hours since I do have more than just work to do today.

My Overdue Library Books I plan to read today 


2.  Where can you find updates besides here on my blog? 

Yes I will try to update here every hour, most will be little updates until after work when I can really get into updating and even then I may have to do little updates since one of the things I have to do today is a baby shower/crawfish boil (yes I will be eating Mud Bugs) for my cousin and his wife who are having a baby this summer.  But you can keep following me through out the whole day in a few different places.

Twitter - This will be an easy way to follow me as all I have to do is quick and easy updates from my phone and yes I will be cheering people on from there as well.
Facebook Fan Page - Another good way to follow what is going on with my reading as well as my instagram updates as they are shared automatically there.
Instagram - Yes I will be sharing pictures (even if it is the baby shower)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Houston
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
DIVERGENT
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Spray cheese
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I really do not have time to participate but i am here
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment